Embolization Treatment of High-Flow Priapism.

Priapism is prolonged erection that persists beyond or is unrelated to sexual stimulation. There are two main types of priapism: high flow and low flo...
120KB Sizes 2 Downloads 19 Views

Recommend Documents


Priapism associated with risperidone treatment.
Priapism is the occurrence of sustained and painful erection that does not result from sexual desire and fails to subside despite orgasm. It is often accompanied by pain and tenderness. The aetiologies are idiopathic, alcohol abuse, drug therapy, per

High-flow priapism treated with superselective transcatheter embolization using polyvinyl alcohol particles.
Priapism is a persistent erection of the penis not associated with sexual stimulation. High-flow priapism is caused by unregulated arterial inflow, usually preceded by perineal or penile blunt trauma and formation of an arterial-lacunar fistula. We p

Ethylene-vinyl alcohol copolymer (Onyx(®)) transarterial embolization for post-traumatic high-flow priapism.
We report a case of high-flow priapism treated successfully with superselective embolization of the cavernous artery. A 16-year-old male developed post-traumatic priapism subsequent to a fall causing blunt perineal trauma. He presented to our hospita

Nasal highflow improves ventilation in patients with COPD.
Nasal highflow (NHF) provides a warmed and humidified air stream up to 60 L/min. Recent data demonstrated a positive effect in patients with acute hypoxemic respiratory failure, especially when caused by pneumonia. Preliminary data show a decrease in

[Diagnosis and management of priapism].
Priapism is defined as an erection for more than 4 h without sexual stimulation. The most common form with nearly 95% is the ischemic or low-flow form, which is very painful. The other 5% are comprised of nonischemic high-flow type usually caused by

How I treat priapism.
Priapism is a disorder of persistent penile erection unrelated to sexual interest or desire. This pathologic condition, specifically the ischemic variant, is often associated with devastating complications, notably erectile dysfunction. Because priap

Stuttering priapism associated with topiramate.
Priapism, or prolonged penile erection in the absence of sexual stimulation, may be a medical emergency. Many medications including antianxiety, antidepressants and antipsychotics have been implicated. This paper presents a case of priapism associate